In accordance to the Archdiocesan policy Many Gifts, One Spirit: Consultative Leadership, Saint Mark parish has three primary bodies of consultative leadership: the pastoral council, the finance council, and the school commission.
The pastoral council currently consists of seven members:
– Sean Malone (2021-2024, first term) – Council president (2021-2023)
– Paul Sundberg (2021-2024, first term) – Vice-president (2022-2023)
– Gina Olsen (2022-2025, 2nd term) – Secretary (2022-2023)
– Dirk Bartram (2021-2024, first term) – Finance council liaison (2022-2023)
– Mary Ann Draye (2021-2023, first term)
– Abner Manahan (2022-2023, first term) – School commission liaison (2022-2023)
– Patsy Riley (2022-2025, 2nd term)
The council meets monthly (usually the 3rd Thursday), discussing current issues, future plans, and otherwise assist the pastor in discerning God’s call for the parish. Though staggered, member terms are typically for 3 years, repeatable once. Officer terms are typically for one year, repeatable as the council and pastor determine.
– Click here for the pastoral council minutes archives
We are grateful to all those who have served on the council in the past, as well as those council members who have taken on additional responsibilities within the pastoral council.
|Former council members||Former council officers|
|Dr. Kent Sullivan||Dirk Bartram – Vice-president (2021-2022)|
Patsy Riley – Secretary (2021-2022)
– Kim Brown (2022-2025, first term)
– Ted Brown (tenured member)
– Brandon Villanti (tenured member)
– Marcia Yanuss (2022-2025, first term)
– Todd Chapman – ex officio (staff – Pastoral Assistant for Administration)
The council meets quarterly, reviewing the monthly budget reports, discussing major financial decisions, and otherwise offering advice to the pastor in the administration of the parish’s temporal goods. Though staggered, member terms are typically for 3 years, repeatable once.
– Click here for the finance council minutes archives
The school commission currently consists of eight members:
– Deanna Gallichan
– Francie House
– Rob Koves
– Kevin Nguyen
– Ellen Olson
– Victoria Rimoczi-Olson
– Brandan Villanti (ex officio, Finance council liason)
The council meets monthly (usually 4th Thursdays), discussing current school needs, assisting in evaluating the effectiveness of the school, helping to plan for the future of the school, and otherwise collaborating with the pastor and principal in fulfilling the mission of the school.
– Click here for the most recent minutes of the school commission