Earlier this week, the United States’ Bishop Committee on Pro-Life Activities issued an invitation for all Catholics to join in fasting and prayer today, May 13th, on the memorial of Our Lady of Fatima in response to the leak of the draft opinion of the Supreme Court. The committee named five intentions (listed below).
For those who are interested, the rosary will be recited this evening in the church at 6:30 pm. Whether at the church or at home, may we all join together in prayer for the building up of a culture of life.
The USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities’ suggested prayer intentions:
- For our nation, for the integrity of our judicial system, and that all branches of government be dedicated to seeking the common good and protecting the dignity and rights of the human person, from conception to natural death.
- For the overturning of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey in the Supreme Court’s final decision in Dobbs v. Jackson.
- For the conversion of the hearts and minds of those who advocate for abortion.
- For a new commitment to building an America where children are welcomed, cherished, and cared for; where mothers and fathers are encouraged and strengthened; and where marriage and the family are recognized and supported as the true foundations of a healthy and flourishing society.
- For Our Blessed Mother’s intercession and guidance as the Church continues to walk with mothers and families in need, and continues to promote alternatives to abortion, and seeks to create a culture of life.