2017-2018 Family Formation for K – 8th Graders
Faith Formation for parents and children in grades K through 8.
St. Mark Parish is excited about continuing our Virtues in Practice program for our Family Formation gatherings. Virtues in Practice is a program written by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia located in Nashville, Tennessee. “Virtues in Practice helps children grow closer to Jesus by imitating the virtues of the Saints”. This program was created for parishes, schools, and homeschooling families. Virtues in Practice is a 3 year program designed to practice the virtues of Faith, Hope, and Charity. For Year Two, we will study the Virtue of Hope with the focus being on the gifts God has given us to answer His call.
Families will meet the 1st Sunday of each month from 10:05 – 10:50 AM.
Virtues in Practice is designed for K – 8th grade.
Families will study a different virtue and saint each month.
Kids will gather in the classrooms and parents will meet with Fr. Mulholland & Laurie McCloskey in the Gym.
Our first class will be on Sunday, October 1, 2017 in the Gym for parents and children.
For more information, please contact Laurie McCloskey in the Parish Office: 206-364-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide age-appropriate catechesis for students in K thru 8th grade.
- To assist the students as they grow in their relationship with Christ through prayer, faith sharing, and scripture
- To encourage participation at Sunday Mass.
- To provide instruction for those preparing to receive the sacraments of First Penance and First Eucharist.
- To provide opportunities for service by having families host coffee/donuts one Sunday a month.
Parents are the primary teachers of their children in the way of faith. Parents are the living example of Christ. Our role is to supplement what you are doing at home. We are your partners in planting and nurturing the seeds of faith.