2016-2017 Family Formation for 1st – 8th Graders
Faith Formation for students (1st through 8th grade) not attending Catholic Schools.
St. Mark Parish is excited about a new program for our Family Formation gatherings. Virtues in Practice is a program written by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia located in Nashville Tennessee. “Virtues in Practice helps children grow closer to Jesus by imitating the virtues of the Saints”. This program was created for parishes, schools and homeschooling families. Virtues in Practice is a 3 year program designed to practice the virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity. For Year One, we will start with the Year of Faith with the focus being on Service.
Families will meet the 3rd Sunday of each month from 10:05- 10:50.
Virtues in Practice is designed for 1st-8th grade.
Families will study a different virtue and saint each month.
Kids will gather in the classrooms and parents will meet with Fr. Mulholland in the gym.
Our first class will be on Sunday, September 25, 2016 in the gym for parents and children.
Our first break out session is on Sunday, October 16, 2016.
For more information, please contact Laurie McCloskey in the Parish Office: 206-364-7900 or email@example.com.
- To provide age-appropriate catechesis for students 1st thru 8th grade using Archdiocesan approved curriculum.
- To assist the students as they grow in their relationship with Christ through prayer, faith sharing and scripture
- To encourage participation at Sunday Mass.
- To provide instruction for those preparing to receive the sacraments of First Penance and First Eucharist.
- To provide opportunities for service by having families host coffee/donuts one Sunday a month.
- To provide on-going faith sharing and catechesis for the parents of Faith Formation students while their children are in class.
Parents are the primary teachers of their children in the way of faith. Parents are the living example of Christ. Our role is to supplement what you are doing at home. We are your partners in planting and nurturing the seeds of faith.